Daycare worker is charged with raping a young child twice and making sick sexual abuse videos ‘relating to the centre’ but 180 families whose kids he looked after were not warned until SIX MONTHS after his arrest
- Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30 in Adelaide has been charged with child sex crimes
- Police will now send out 180 letters to inform the families about the allegations
- It is alleged that sexual material was found on his phone relating to the centre
A childcare worker has been charged with allegedly raping a young child twice and making sexual abuse videos of minors.
Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, was the only male working at a childcare centre in the northern suburbs of Adelaide when he was arrested in September last year.
However, more than 180 families whose children he looked after are only just finding out about his alleged crimes, six months later.
This is despite some of that material that was allegedly found on his phone and relating to the childcare centre he worked at.
Bronte John Ciracovitch’s suppression notice was revoked on Wednesday
Adelaide Magistrates Court heard he allegedly had a sexual relationship with a child including two rapes between December 31, 2019 and September 21, 2020.
Police alleged Ciracovitch produced the abuse videos in that same time, and was in possession of other such material he got form elsewhere.
The charges were aggravated as the child is under 14.
On Wednesday, the court revoked a suppression order originally handed down at the time of his first court appearance last September.
South Australian Police will send out letters to 180 families related to the childcare centre in an attempt to inform them about the charges and gain more leads.
The letters played a large factor in the revoking of Ciracovitch’s suppression order on Wednesday.
Lawyers from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said detectives wanted to send out the letters to alert the families about the allegations against Ciracovitch.
Ciracovitch attended Elizabeth Magistrates Court in Adelaide (pictured) in September last year when he was arrested
They argued if the suppression order was to remain the police should be granted an exemption to send their letters.
Ciracovitch’s lawyer said the revoking of the suppression order ‘appalling’ as the police were planning to ‘name and shame’ the defendant to collect evidence.
The revoking of the suppression order came after a legal change from last March that scrapped automatic anonymity for alleged sex offenders.
Ciracovitch was charged with one count of maintaining an unlawful sexual relationship with a minor, aggravated counts of producing and possessing child exploitation material.
He was remanded in custody where he will remain until he attends court in May.