‘Drug addict’ caught on video shouting ‘if I leave him alive he will kill me’ before he plunged a knife into the neck of an unconscious man in the street
- Mexico City police are searching for a man captured on video murdering a mechanic identified as Armando on February 27
- The video circulated on social media this week after it was leaked
- The footage shows the suspect pacing near the victim, who was lying in the middle of a street, before he killed him
- The killer is heard on video shouting ‘if I leave him alive he will kill me’ and then plunged a knife into his neck
- Residents in the Mexico City municipality of Iztapalapa, where the incident occurred, described the suspect as a ‘drug addict’
Mexican authorities are searching for a man who appeared in a video standing over an unconscious victim and plunging a knife into his neck in broad daylight.
The incident unfolded February 27 in the Mexico City municipality of Iztapalapa, however, it was not until this week that a video of the incident recorded by a neighborhood resident circulated on social media.
The suspect was identified as a ‘drug addict’ by neighbors from the Mirador Valle de Las Luces neighborhood of Iztapalapa, according to Mexican newspaper El Universal.
Mexico City police are searching for a man (left) captured on video murdering a mechanic identified as Armando (lying on the ground) on February 27
The killer shouted ‘if i leave him alive he will kill me’ and proceeded to stab him in the neck
Details of the altercation have not been released by authorities.
The footage showed how the killer paced back and forth while the victim, identified as Armando, was lying motionless in the middle of the street.
A pedestrian and two people aboard a motorcycle passed by the suspect and a defenseless Armando, but did not intervene.
Residents in the Mexico City municipality of Iztapalapa described the suspect as a ‘drug addict’ according to Mexican newspaper El Universal
The suspect (left) walks away moments after delivering a blow to the neck of Armando (pictured lying on the ground) and eventually killing him
The suspect then walked to a car that was parked at the end of the block and returned to Armando’s side before he delivered the fatal blow.
‘If I leave him alive he will kill me,’ he shouted, and kicked the man in the face.
Subsequently, he pulled out a knife and drove it into Armando’s neck before he fled on foot.
DailyMail.com reached out to the Mexico City Attorney General’s Office for comment.